Proxima Soft (2017) is a rounded version of Proxima Nova. With the same forty-eight styles (eight weights in three widths, plus italics), Proxima Soft fits the bill when you want something a bit warmer and more playful than its older sibling. It features the same extensive language support, including Greek and Cyrillic. It also has several alternate characters, such as a one-storey lowercase a, allowing you to customize its appearance in a variety of ways.
(Note: Proxima Soft is similar but not identical to Proxima Nova Soft, which I released in 2011. There were enough differences (including reflow issues with documents created with Proxima Nova Soft) that I felt it necessary to release it as a new, separate family, rather than as an update to the older one.)
Proxima Soft Overview. An overview showing of all the fonts in this family. 10 pages. 443 KB PDF.
Weights & Styles
- 8 weights: Thin, Light, Regular, Medium, Semibold, Bold, Extrabold, and Black.
- 3 widths: Normal, Condensed, and Extra Condensed.
- Matching italics for all weights and widths.
- Proportional and tabular figures.*
- Full “f” ligature set (ff, fi, fl, ffi, ffl, etc.).*
- Alternate characters (a, l, y, G).*
- Automatic arbitrary fractions.*
- Automatic ordinals.*
- Dingbats (16).
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages and Vietnamese, as well as Greek and Cyrillic.
- Extended currency support.
* Requires an application with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud and QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide.
See the Proxima Soft Specimens (above) for complete information.