Refrigerator Deluxe (2008) was inspired by generic block-style lettering typical of the mid-20th century. It follows the typical American model that can be seen in old lettering manuals, although I designed it purely from memory. I originally released it in 2000 as Refrigerator, with just the Bold weight. In 2003 I added Light and Heavy. Refrigerator Deluxe adds a new weight (Regular) and loads of alternate characters that can be used to create common variations of the block letter style on which it is based.
Refrigerator Deluxe Specimen. The story of Refrigerator Deluxe, feature descriptions, complete showings of all the fonts, and usage examples. 10 pages. 269 KB PDF.
Refrigerator Deluxe User Guide. Complete information on getting the most out of the OpenType features of Refrigerator Deluxe. 4 pages. 78 KB PDF.
Weights & Styles
- Alternate characters.*
- 20 stylistic sets for enhanced access to the many alternate characters.*
- Ligatures, including things like tt and ff.
- Case-sensitive forms.*
- Automatic, arbitrary fractions.*
- Support for superscript and subscript.
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages.
* Requires an application with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide.
See the Refrigerator Deluxe Specimen and the Refrigerator Deluxe User Guide (below) for complete information.
Refrigerator Deluxe on “Fonts In Use”
“Fonts In Use” is a collaborative website where interesting or notable examples of fonts in use are shared.