Interested in an extended or enterprise license? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refrigerator Deluxe (2008) was inspired by generic block-style lettering typical of the mid-20th century. It follows the typical American model that can be seen in old lettering manuals, although I designed it purely from memory. I originally released it in 2000 as Refrigerator, with just the Bold weight. In 2003 I added Light and Heavy. Refrigerator Deluxe adds a new weight (Regular) and loads of alternate characters that can be used to create common variations of the block letter style on which it is based.
Version 2.0 (2019) adds a new weight, Extrabold. It also introduces support for Cyrillic and many other improvements under the hood.
- Alternate characters.*
- 20 stylistic sets for enhanced access to the many alternate characters.*
- Ligatures, including things like tt and ff.
- Support for Cyrillic, including alternate characters.*
- Case-sensitive forms.*
- Automatic, arbitrary fractions.*
- Support for superscript and subscript.
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages.
- Localizations for acute ij in Dutch, capital sharp S in German, Cyrillic variants for Bulgarian and Serbian, and arbitrary accents* (mark-to-base and mark-to-mark).
* Requires an application or operating system with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher, or QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide. OpenType advanced typography is also supported by most modern web browsers through the use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
Specimens & User Guides
Refrigerator Deluxe Specimen. The story of Refrigerator Deluxe, feature descriptions, complete showings of all the fonts, and usage examples. 12 pages. 470 KB PDF
Refrigerator Deluxe User Guide. Complete information on getting the most out of the OpenType features of Refrigerator Deluxe. 4 pages. 212 KB PDF.
Refrigerator Deluxe on “Fonts In Use”
“Fonts In Use” is a collaborative website where interesting or notable examples of fonts in use are shared.