Proxima Sera answers the question that designers and typographers have asked for more than fifteen years—what serif typeface should I pair with Proxima Nova? Proxima Sera is a hybrid design, combining characteristics of old style and modern serif typefaces into something new that is clean and highly readable. While its proportions and range of weights are designed to harmonize with Proxima Nova, it stands alone just as well. Its even color and large x-height make it a logical choice for text settings, but Proxima Sera still has enough warmth for display use—especially Thin and Black. Try those in headlines, posters, or anywhere else you need to bring some fresh personality.
Proxima Sera Full Specimen. Complete information and specimen. 60 pages. 2 MB PDF.
Proxima Sera Overview. Overview and usage notes (excerpt from the full specimen). 6 pages. 482 KB PDF.
Weights & Styles
- 9 weights: Thin, Extralight, Light, Regular, Medium, Semibold, Bold, Extrabold, and Black.
- Matching italics for all weights and widths.
- Small caps for all styles.*
- Proportional and tabular figures.*
- Full “f” ligature set (ff, fi, fl, ffi, ffl, etc.).*
- Alternate characters (a, g, l, y).*
- 7 stylistic sets (for activating alternate characters).*
- Automatic fractions.*
- Automatic ordinals.*
- 16 dingbats.
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages and Vietnamese.
- Extended currency support.
* Requires an application or operating system with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher, or QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide. OpenType advanced typography is also supported by most modern web browsers through the use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).