Filmotype Glenlake (2007, for Filmotype) is a classic American gothic originally designed and released in 1955. Filmotype Gem is part of a range of compact sans serif fonts whose names begin with the letter “G” (a Filmotype convention). Glenlake is unique in that series, having a very rectangular look. To my eye, it looks like a forerunner to faces like Compacta, but with its own unique characteristics, such as the prominent whiplash spine on the S, Futura-like construction, and a subtle hand-lettered feel.
Weights & Styles
- Alternate characters.*
- Three stylistic sets.*
- Case-sensitive forms.*
- Alternate superscripted dollar and cent signs.*
- Automatic arbitrary fractions.*
- Superscript and subscript figures.
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages.
* Requires an application with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide.
* Requires an application or operating system with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher, or QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide. OpenType advanced typography is also supported by most modern web browsers through the use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).