Interested in an extended or enterprise license? Please send an email to email@example.com.
Metallophile Sp8 (2003, 2008) is a facsimile of 8-point sans serif type as set on a hot metal typesetting machine. The effect is very different from modern digital renditions of its cousin, Futura, which are coldly precise in and look quite different at text sizes. Hot metal faces were designed for specific point sizes, while modern digital faces take a one-font-for-all-sizes approach. Metallophile Sp8 captures much of the characteristic warmth of hot metal, which is particularly refreshing in such a geometric design.
- Two weights, with italics.
- Alternate two-story lowercase “a” and alternate “ß”.*
- Alternate “mirrored” quotation marks.*
- A large set of prebuilt fractions.
- Automatic arbitrary fractions.*
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages.
* Requires an application or operating system with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher, or QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide. OpenType advanced typography is also supported by most modern web browsers through the use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
Specimens & User Guides
Metallophile Sp8 Specimen. Complete showing of all the fonts. 8 pages. 363 KB PDF.
Metallophile Sp8 User Guide. Information about getting the most from the features of Metallophile Sp8. 3 pages. 2 MB PDF.
Metallophile Sp8 on “Fonts In Use”
“Fonts In Use” is a collaborative website where interesting or notable examples of fonts in use are shared.