Interested in an extended or enterprise license? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changeling Neo (2008, originally released as Changeling in 2003) is my redesign and expansion of China, a VGC Photo-Typositor face released 1975. China had only one weight (similar to Changeling Neo Bold) in all-caps with only a few alternate characters. In Changeling Neo, I redesigned many characters for better type color. I also added a complete set of lowercase-style variants, providing endless “unicase” combinations. I also added four more styles—Light, Regular, Stencil, and Inline.
- Five styles: Light, Regular, Bold, Stencil, and Inline.
- Unicase design.
- Alternate characters.*
- 14 stylistic sets.*
- Proportional and tabular figures.*
- Automatic arbitrary fractions.*
- Superscript and subscript figures.
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages, plus, coming soon, Cyrillic.
* Requires an application or operating system with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher, or QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide. OpenType advanced typography is also supported by most modern web browsers through the use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
Specimen and User Guide
Changeling Neo Specimen. The story of Changeling Neo, feature descriptions, complete showings of all the fonts, and usage examples. 12 pages. 328 KB PDF.
Changeling Neo User Guide. Complete information on getting the most out of the OpenType features of Changeling Neo. 4 pages. 103 KB PDF.
Changeling Spotted in Star Trek Movie
Changeling Neo on “Fonts In Use”
“Fonts In Use” is a collaborative website where interesting or notable examples of fonts in use are shared.