Proxima Nova (2005) straddles the gap between typefaces like Futura and Akzidenz Grotesk. The result is a hybrid that combines modern proportions with a geometric appearance. I originally released it in 1994 as Proxima Sans (now discontinued). I expanded the original six fonts (three weights with italics) into a full-featured and versatile family of 42 fonts (seven weights in three widths with italics). In the last few years, Proxima Nova has become one of the most popular web fonts, in use on thousands of websites around the world.
Proxima Nova Overview. The story of Proxima Nova, basic style showings, full character set and technical information. 12 pages. 566 KB PDF.
Proxima Nova Specimen. Complete text and display specimen for the regular width styles of Proxima Nova, including the full character sets. 42 pages. 1 MB PDF.
Proxima Nova Condensed Specimen. Complete text and display specimen for Proxima Nova Condensed, including the full character sets. 42 pages. 1 MB PDF.
Proxima Nova Extra Condensed Specimen. Complete text and display specimen for Proxima Nova Extra Condensed, including the full character sets. 42 pages. 1 MB PDF.
Weights & Styles
- 7 weights: Thin, Light, Regular, Semibold, Bold, Extrabold, and Black.
- 3 widths: Normal, Condensed, and Extra Condensed.
- Matching italics for all weights and widths.
- Matching small caps for all weights and widths.*
- Lining and old style figures (proportional and tabular).*
- Full “f” ligature set (ff, fi, fl, ffi, ffl, etc.).*
- Alternate characters (a, l, y, G).*
- Automatic arbitrary fractions.*
- Automatic ordinals.*
- Dingbats (16).
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages and Vietnamese, as well as Greek and Cyrillic.
- Extended currency support.
* Requires an application with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide.
See the Proxima Nova Specimens (below) for complete information.
Proxima Nova on “Fonts In Use”
“Fonts In Use” is a collaborative website where interesting or notable examples of fonts in use are shared.