Changeling Neo (2008, originally released as Changeling in 2003) is my redesign and expansion of China, a VGC Photo-Typositor face released 1975. China had only one weight (similar to Changeling Neo Bold) in all-caps with only a few alternate characters. In Changeling Neo, I redesigned many characters for better type color. I also added a complete set of lowercase-style variants, providing endless “unicase” combinations. I also added four more styles—Light, Regular, Stencil, and Inline.
Changeling Neo Specimen. The story of Changeling Neo, feature descriptions, complete showings of all the fonts, and usage examples. 12 pages. 328 KB PDF.
Changeling Neo User Guide. Complete information on getting the most out of the OpenType features of Changeling Neo. 4 pages. 103 KB PDF.
Weights & Styles
- Five styles: Light, Regular, Bold, Stencil, and Inline.
- Unicase design.
- Alternate characters.*
- 14 stylistic sets.*
- Proportional and tabular figures.*
- Automatic arbitrary fractions.*
- Superscript and subscript figures.
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages, plus, coming soon, Cyrillic.
- Requires an application with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide.
See the Changeling Neo Specimen and the Changeling Neo User Guide (below) for complete information.
Changeling Spotted in Star Trek Movie
Notebook item about spotting Changeling Neo in the 2009 Star Trek movie.