I’m pleased to announce the release of Anonymous Pro Version 1.001. This version contains mostly user-requested tweaks and fixes, including:
- The comma and the comma part of the semicolon have been moved down about a pixel (depending on the size) to improve clarity.
- The design of the “quotesinglbase” and “quotedblbase” match the look of the “straight” quotes (the earlier designs didn’t match anything).
- The periods and other “dot” punctuation elements are a bit bigger in some bitmap sizes/styles.
- Fixed the hinting problem that caused the tops of the caps to vary in height a certain sizes on Windows (hard to figure out the reason, but easy to fix once I knew).
- Corrected the 13ppem bitmap glyph for the Greek character “omicrontonos” (which, embarrassingly, sported an umlaut).
And last, but not least:
- I dropped my old DIY license and switched to the SIL Open Font License, which should make a lot of users in the open source community happy.
Small note to Windows users: I haven’t updated the sample that shows what Anonymous Pro looks like in text sizes on Windows with ClearType enabled. It looks better than that now. I’ll update it soon.