Mostra Nuova (2009) is based on a style of lettering seen on Italian Art Deco posters and advertising of the 1930s. Although it’s very geometric, I made subtle optical adjustments to keep it from looking too severely mechanical. I first released it in 2001 as Mostra, a caps-only design. Mostra Nuova has more weights, better language support, and lowercase letters. It features dozens of alternate characters providing endless stylistic possibilities within the basic design, from fairly plain to quite stylized.
Mostra Nuova Specimen. The story of Mostra Nuova, feature descriptions, complete showings of all the fonts, and usage examples. 14 pages. 371 KB PDF.
Mostra Nuova User Guide. Complete information on getting the most out of the OpenType features of Mostra Nuova. 4 pages. 219 KB PDF.
Weights & Styles
- Six weights: Thin, Light, Regular, Bold, Heavy, and Black.
- Alternate characters, representing commonly-found variations in Italian Art Deco lettering.*
- 20 stylistic sets for enhanced access to the many alternate characters.*
- Case sensitive forms.*
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages.
* Requires an application with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide.
See the Mostra Nuova Specimen and Mostra Nuova User Guide (below) for complete information.
Mostra Nuova on “Fonts In Use”
“Fonts In Use” is a collaborative website where interesting or notable examples of fonts in use are shared.