Diane Script & Diane Script Première (2008, for FontHaus) are a revival of Diane, designed by Roger Excoffon in 1956. His initial version featured elaborate, swirly caps. A second, with simplified caps, was released later. Both versions are preserved in my revival, with Diane Script Première featuring the original caps. I added many characters not present in the original, including an ampersand, which was curiously missing. I designed two, one simplified and one fancy. Both are included in Diane Script Première.
Weights & Styles
- Two styles: Diane Script and Diane Script Première.
- Automatic joining stroke control.*
- Automatic arbitrary fractions.*
- Superscript and subscript figures.
- Alternate characters.*
- Alternate ampersand and prototype caps (Diane Script Première only).*
- Extended language support for most Latin-based Western and Central European languages.
* Requires an application with support for OpenType advanced typography, such as Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXPress. Check your application’s user guide.
The Making of Diane Script
The story of how I came to revive Diane, and the adventure it turned out to be (from my Notebook).